If you've got a great idea you'd like to share with us then here's some things to think about as you're preparing your submission, and information on how to submit it:
- It's easier for us to make a decision if you can provide as much information about your idea as possible. This should include a synopsis for the book, or a sample chapter, section or route. You can send completed manuscripts, but it is unlikely we will read it all.
- Think about who the target audience is and why the book will appeal to them: is it something that other people will want to read or use?
- We're fully behind every book we publish, so it's important for us that potential authors show they're fully behind their ideas too. Let us know how you would support the promotion of your book: give us details of networks in which you're active (on and offline); consider if you'd be willing to do events, and so on.
- Research the market: we're more likely to commission books that currently have no direct competition, although that's not always the case.
- Research the publisher: look at the kinds of books we do. Is your book a good fit for us?
Submitting your Book
When you've got your idea together, send it through.
Either email it (Microsoft Word format – .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Or mail it to:
228 Psalter Lane
Sheffield S11 8UT
It can take several weeks to make a decision on a submission, although we try to acknowledge receipt of submissions within a few days.
Please note: we only return physical submissions if supplied with a stamped, addressed envelope.
Professional Book Production Services
As well as our own publishing programme we work with a range of individuals and organisations to help them professionally publish their own titles. Using the skills and experience that have won our titles numerous awards we can guide you through the daunting process of producing, publishing and promoting your book.
Our services include:
- Professional copy editing
- Proof reading
- Book design and layout
- High quality print
- Ebook creation
- Book trade services
- Plus advice on formats, trade distribution, and promotional activity.
If you’d like to find out more about our book production services, contact Jon Barton:
Tel: 0114 2679277