Peak District Boundary Walk
190 miles around the edge of the national park
- ISBN: 978-1-909461-53-6160 pages
- Friends of the Peak District
- Publication date
- 1 Jun 2017
To celebrate Britain's first and arguably most beautiful national park, supporters of Friends of the Peak District have devised a 190-mile walking route around its entire boundary. Stretching from the moorland tops of the South Pennines to the gentle limestone scenery of the Derbyshire Dales, the route embraces the urban edges of Sheffield and Oldham, as well as Staffordshire's rugged moorland and the undulating slopes of Cheshire.
- Follow the route along existing footpaths, tracks, quiet lanes, former railway lines and a canal towpath.
- Enjoy some quiet and little-known corners of the national park.
- Walk it in day stages or tackle it all in one go.
Peak District Boundary Walk includes a detailed route description, Ordnance Survey 1:25,000-scale maps and information about places of interest and local facilities. Separate features examine some of the key national park issues and how the Friends of the Peak District have campaigned for over 90 years to safeguard our most precious landscapes.
Friends of the Peak District safeguards the landscapes of Britain's first national park. We challenge and campaign against developments that threaten the Peak District's beauty and tranquillity. We want thriving rural communities. We support homes for local people, sustainable jobs and local services. Climate change is the biggest threat to our ountryside. We champion suitable renewable energy, environmental building design and green transport schemes in the national park. Friends of the Peak District is a branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) and looks after the Peak District National Park, South Yorkshire and six parishes in North East Derbyshire (Barlow, Dronfield, Eckington, Holmesfield, Killamarsh and Unstone). For more information, please visit our website: www.friendsofthepeak.org.uk
- Title: Peak District Boundary Walk
- Sub-title: 190 miles around the edge of the national park
- Author: Friends of the Peak District
- Imprint: Friends of the Peak District
- ISBN: 978-1-909461-53-6
- Rights: Worldwide
- Publication date: 1 June 2017
- Edition: First
- Format: Paperback
- Size: 210mm x 130mm
- Extent: 160 pages; full colour with Ordnance Survey 1:25,000-scale maps
- Cover: Paperback
- Weight: 270g
- Retail price: £10.00
'Clear, concise and accurate instructions for the walk I completed today. Excellent. I hope the other 19 stages are the same.'
– Amazon reviewer
'The book is very well written and illustrated. I give it 10 out of 10.'
– Amazon reviewer