Monday, 13 April 2015
Back to News
Join the Vertebrate team: marketing executive vacancy
About Vertebrate Publishing
Vertebrate Publishing is a leading publisher of outdoor adventure books and guidebooks with a growing international reputation for quality. We specialise in books about climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, hill walking, cycling, caving, running and photography. We also publish young adult (YA) fiction titles and sell video on demand adventure films via our SteepEdge online business.
About the role
The Marketing Executive is primarily responsible for planning and implementing author events, including one-off lectures, launch events and full book tours. They will also have responsibility for promotion of select key titles. Their secondary responsibility will be managing the SteepEdge website, including sourcing new content and promoting the website via a range of marketing channels. We are looking for a highly-organised and creative individual who can balance a wide variety of tasks and manage their time effectively.
• Write and implement marketing plans under the guidance of the Marketing Manager for SteepEdge film promotion and the promotion of new book titles.
• Organise author events, book tours and book launch events, particularly for our growing list of YA writers.
• Utilise all available social media and third party websites such as Amazon and Goodreads to promote our books.
• Liaise with filmmakers to add content to SteepEdge.
• Maintain internal systems to ensure promotional material and the Vertebrate Publishing and SteepEdge websites are up to date.
You will have:
• Experience of implementing creative and effective marketing campaigns.
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to talk to senior managers and established authors.
• Exceptional time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent computing skills, including standard Windows software, and the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
• Some knowledge of the outdoor pursuits market and/or the YA fiction market.
The salary offered will be in the region of £17,000, depending on your skills and experience. This role is full time, based in our Sheffield office.
Covering letter and CV to Jon Barton, firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss the role prior to application please email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 8 May 2015.